Reading to juniors is very exciting and interesting.
- Firstly we all chose 4 books each but Alicia chose around ten because she loves all of the books and want the children to have a different range of books.
- After that we carried out two bean bags with us to the junior area.
- Once we reached the junior area we looked for children to rad to we had about two to three children each. I was pretty hard to keep the children focused on one book instead of changing books half way.
- Later we read to many children, a different range of books all the children loved all of the books.
- Last we had to pack up and put all the books and bean bags away , as usual Honor and I put the bean bags away and Alicia put all the books away.
I personally feel reading to juniors is a great experience especially for people who want to have a career of being a primary school teacher. Even for other careers and if you just want to have fun and enjoy reading to juniors that's fine too.
I think I was being resilient by not giving up when I couldn't fine juniors at the start and when the juniors were fighting over what books to read. What I did was I sent a few children to Honor so she could read books to a few of them and I could read books to some of the juniors that weren't fighting over books.